By John Andreas Olsen
Read or Download A History of Air Warfare PDF
Best military history books
King Philip's conflict used to be the main devastating clash among Europeans and local american citizens within the 1600s. during this incisive account, award-winning writer Daniel R. Mandell places the struggle into its wealthy old context. The conflict erupted in July 1675, after years of transforming into stress among Plymouth and the Wampanoag sachem Metacom, sometimes called Philip.
Instructed in complete, in never-before-seen aspect, this is often the 1st whole illustrated historical past of Operation Overlord, the Allied invasion of France. The book’s on-the-ground and behind-the-scenes money owed of either the attacking Allies and the protecting Germans provide a uniquely huge standpoint at the Normandy touchdown and next battles.
Non secular struggle has been a recurrent function of eu historical past. during this clever and readable new research, the celebrated campaign historian Norman Housley describes and analyses the significant expressions of holy warfare within the interval from the Hussite wars to the 1st iteration of the Reformation.
The British Airborne landings on Sicily are the least identified and, absolutely, the main fraught with political and technical strife. Newly shaped Air touchdown troops have been introduced into conflict in gliders they knew little approximately. the boys of the Glider Pilot Regiment (GPR) had self-assembled the gliders whereas residing within the empty packing situations.
- Remembering Virginia's Confederates (Images of America)
- Kings of the Air: French Aces and Airmen of the Great War
- Air War for Yugoslavia Greece and Crete 1940-41
- In Enemy Hands: A Prisoner in North Korea
- 21st Century U.S. Military Documents: Air Force E-9A Range Control Aircraft - Operations Procedures, Aircrew Evaluation Criteria, Aircrew Training Flying Operations
- Leadership in the Crucible: The Korean War Battles of Twin Tunnels and Chipyong-ni (Williams-Ford Texas A&M University Military History Series)
Additional resources for A History of Air Warfare