By Eric J. Wittenberg,O. James Lighthizer
Read or Download Battle of Brandy Station, The: North America's Largest Cavalry Battle (Civil War Series) PDF
Similar military history books
King Philip's battle was once the main devastating clash among Europeans and local americans within the 1600s. during this incisive account, award-winning writer Daniel R. Mandell places the battle into its wealthy historic context. The battle erupted in July 1675, after years of becoming rigidity among Plymouth and the Wampanoag sachem Metacom, sometimes called Philip.
Instructed in complete, in never-before-seen element, this can be the 1st whole illustrated heritage of Operation Overlord, the Allied invasion of France. The book’s on-the-ground and behind-the-scenes debts of either the attacking Allies and the protecting Germans supply a uniquely vast point of view at the Normandy touchdown and next battles.
Spiritual war has been a recurrent characteristic of ecu heritage. during this clever and readable new research, the prestigious campaign historian Norman Housley describes and analyses the important expressions of holy conflict within the interval from the Hussite wars to the 1st iteration of the Reformation.
The British Airborne landings on Sicily are the least identified and, definitely, the main fraught with political and technical strife. Newly shaped Air touchdown troops have been added into conflict in gliders they knew little approximately. the boys of the Glider Pilot Regiment (GPR) had self-assembled the gliders whereas dwelling within the empty packing circumstances.
- Franco-British Defence Co-operation: A New Entente Cordiale? (Published in Association With the Royal Institute for International Affairs)
- Shock Troops of the Confederacy
- Up From the Deep: The Return
- The Spirit of 1914: Militarism, Myth, and Mobilization in Germany (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare)
- X-Planes: German Luftwaffe Prototypes 1930-1945
- Grumman F-14 Tomcat: Bye - Bye Baby...!: Images & Reminiscences From 35 Years of Active Service
Additional info for Battle of Brandy Station, The: North America's Largest Cavalry Battle (Civil War Series)