By Ronald W. Cox
More than a decade into the hot millennium, the fusion of company and nation energy is the basic defining characteristic people overseas coverage. This edited quantity significantly examines the connection among companies and the USA country within the improvement of overseas rules relating to globalization.
Drawing jointly quite a lot of individuals, this paintings explores the function of companies in utilizing US international rules to increase the pursuits of transnational capital in quite a lot of contexts, including:
- how US govt rules have contributed to the globalization of creation and finance
- the ways that transnational companies have encouraged the USA courting with China, an important linkage within the new period of transnational accumulation
- how transnational company energy has formed capital-labour family, humanitarian intervention, structural adjustment rules, low-intensity democracy and the G20 summits
- the "corporate centrism" of the Obama management, whose rules were in line with the turning out to be strength of transnational capital in US overseas policymaking
- the politics and results of the embedded courting among a number of sectors of the transnational capitalist type, worldwide associations and the U.S. kingdom, together with the boundaries and contradictions of this dating in the course of the ongoing capitalist crisis.
This paintings can be of significant curiosity to scholars and students of either US international coverage and foreign political economic climate.
Read or Download Corporate Power and Globalization in US Foreign Policy (Routledge Studies in US Foreign Policy) PDF
Best international affairs books
What makes for struggle or for a solid foreign approach? Are there common rules that are meant to govern overseas coverage? within the chilly conflict and After, Marc Trachtenberg, a number one historian of diplomacy, explores how old paintings can throw mild on those questions. The essays during this ebook take care of particular problems--with such concerns as nuclear method and U.
During this landmark paintings, top theorists of diplomacy research the concepts designed to prevent overseas clash. utilizing a mix of online game conception, statistical research, and exact case histories, Bruce Bueno de Mesquita and David Lalman overview the stipulations that advertise negotiation, the established order, capitulation, acquiescence, and battle.
Essay from the 12 months 2008 within the topic Politics - foreign Politics - area: jap Europe, grade: eight. five, Maastricht college, language: English, summary: This paper describes the Polish state and nation construction strategy from the tenth century to 1914. It makes a speciality of the weather of feudalism, the the Aristocracy and faith, which will comprehend the Polish method.
Turkey’s contemporary international coverage has resulted in fractious kin with nations within the center East and the U.S.. Written via the previous leader international coverage consultant to the Turkish president and according to unparalleled entry to legitimate files and communiqués, this ebook provides the interior tale of Turkish–US family members from the 1st Gulf battle, via debates at the Iraqi Kurdish query, the 2003 invasion of Iraq and into the current day.
- Transnational Politics: The case of Turks and Kurds in Germany (Routledge Research in Transnationalism)
- The Political Economy of Anti-dumping Protection: A Strategic Analysis (Contributions to Economics)
- Targeting Terrorists: A License to Kill? (Ethics and Global Politics)
- The Merlion and Mt. Fuji:50 Years of Singapore–Japan Relations
- The Limits of Influence: America's Role in Kashmir (Adst-Dacor Diplomats and Diplomacy)
Additional info for Corporate Power and Globalization in US Foreign Policy (Routledge Studies in US Foreign Policy)